Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice of Buddhist Counselling
- This programme is a collaboration between HKU Centre of Buddhist Studies and HKU SPACE with the goal of training qualified professional Buddhist counsellors for the Buddhist community and the general public.
- The purpose of this programme is to train students to develop strong Buddhist counselling competency through supervised practicum experiences in Buddhist counselling and holistic Buddhist spiritual care.
- The standards of professional training of the programme are comparable to local and international standards in the fields of counselling, spiritual care and Buddhist chaplaincy, including the standards set by The Association of Professional Chaplains in the U.S. (APC), Spiritual Care Association, and The Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association Limited (HKPCA).
- The standard of the programme matches Level 6 in the Hong Kong Qualifications Framework.
- The main focus of the curriculum is to develop core competencies in the areas of Spiritual Formation, Knowledge, Care, Ethics, and Professionalism.
- Programme structure:
4 Modules: Psychopathology, Social Psychology, Professional Ethics, and Advanced Research Methods.
Field Practicum: Field practicum consists of 800 supervised clinical hours including, phone interviews, direct counselling for individuals and groups, group work, meditation facilitation, and counselling services at different community settings.
- Programme duration: 18 months, part-time study.
Minimum Entry Requirements – MBC from HKU CBS, or its equivalent. We particularly welcome candidates who wish to develop a vocation in Buddhist Counselling.
Ven. Hin Hung SIK
Ven. Dr. Hin Yan SIK
Dr. George Kin Cheung LEE
Dr. Bonnie Wai Yan WU
Dr. William Wing Ho CHUI
Dr. Jennifer Shui Wa YIM
Dr. Rosalie Suk Yee LO
Ms. Jo LAU
Senior Executive Assistant
Dr. Eliza LAU
PT Executive Officer
For more details and registration: